Amongst the Stars.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst the Stars.

Welcome, leader. Your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Punchmaster

Punchmaster

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea Empty
PostSubject: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 pm

The National Anthem
Formal Name: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea
Informal Names: North Korea
Abbreviation: PRK
The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea North_korea_flag

Population:
Pyongyang I: 164,000,000
Pyongyang II: 200,000
Pyongyang III: 8,000,000
Kim I : 150
Kim II : 400

Technology Tags

Asymmetric Disruptive Warfare: Due to the fact they are adamant about not wanting anyone to disturb their nation or how they rule it, their detection systems are a galactic pinnacle. Most of the Korean knowledge on other systems is through their intensive reconnaissance of other communities using their stealth ships.

FTL: The Korean technology in relation to being able to jump has been enhanced greatly for an amount of “Shoot and Scoot” tactics, allowing them to move, intercept and jump quickly and up to three times the distance than most other ships in the galaxy. This earns the Korean Peoples fleet the title of “Wolf Pack” due to the fact they can often outrun fleeing ships that attempt to route from battle. Jump gates are another addition to the Korean arsenal, huge gates allow ships to go straight through sustained jumping portals.

Advanced Power Systems: Korean scientists have perfected fusion plants, allowing huge reactors to power the necessary jumping platforms used by the Korean Navy.

Cryogenics: Korean science studies deep into the asymmetric warfare of the extreme cold, Cryo- beams are useful for not just warfare, but other applications in construction such as rapidly cooling a ships FTL drives.

Missile: In times gone by and in the modern era, the missiles of United Korea are indeed fearsome. They possess an advanced arsenal of cluster-nuclear and chemical cluster-thermite warheads capable of burning in space. The Krut-7 “Workaround” is feared around the galaxy as shooting the missile with point defence splits it into 7 smaller missiles, when then re-ignite and become difficult to control.

History:

Deliverance
In early 2055, almost a decade before the Old-World unification of Korea, the launching of the Juche Subsistence ship was a success. Many believe that the fact that the North Korean space program placed all of its money into such an area was the main reason its remainder nation collapsed slowly afterwards. By July 4th 2085 Old Korea was unified and was a signing member of the United Systems Coalition, and the North Korean vessel had already jumped away from Earth to start a new life on a planet many felt they had no place on anymore, and were frankly a relic of a past gone by.

Independence
It was through the spread of Juche Ideology, the North Korean nation began to grow, until they found an easy break; a system abundant with life. They then named it the Juche System. Moons for testing, plains for flying and rich amounts of food for plentiful harvests. With the fate of the glorious leader unknown after the fall of Old Korea, power fell into the hands of current leader, Maejaeong-Wil’s great grandfather Maejaeong-Sung after a power struggle.

Second Stellar War
The Korean forces sought no involvement in the Second Stellar War, and they found pleasure hacking broadcasts of other Nations to find that the United Systems Republic, the entity responsible for destroying their country in the first place, was being defeated. This spurred the Koreans to evaluate their galactic abilities massively, and they set about expanding their military for a more assertive foreign policy.
Species: The Juche mentality adapted the Korean law for citizens to accept themselves as Terran-Koreans rather than actual humans, thus leading to Koreans disassociating themselves with Mankind and, essentially, rewriting history to suit the needs of the administration.

Home System Information

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea Wallpaper-galeria-de-imagens-de-RiosWallpaper-de-rios-galeria-de-imagens-de-Rios

Home System Name: Pyongyang System
Homeworld Name: Pyongyang I
Homeworld Location: 11E
Homeworld Description: Pyongyang I is an extremely fertile landscape, with lush, temperate jungles running across its landscapes.
Jungles and high flora cover the planet, North to South Pole. Humidity is consistently high, resulting in a rather unpleasant jungle condition. A rolling raincloud coats the planet, providing consistent rainwater once a day every two weeks. This is rated as a holiday and a pause in working hours. Due to the close proximity of a brother planet, Pyongyang II, the day of the people on Pyongyang I is strange, with dawn, day, twilight, dusk then night.

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea Img_4412-1
Maesong City - The Capital of Pyongyang, named after the first glorious Korean to set foot on the soil of Pyongyang I

Colonial System Information

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea Asteroid_Rings_Final_by_DeviantVicky

Government

Secluded Authoritarianism, following Juche. Juche, usually translated as "self-reliance", sometimes referred to as Kimilsungism, is a political thesis formed by the former North Korean leader Kim Il-sung which states that the Korean masses are the masters of the country's development. From the 20th century, Kim and other party theorists such as Hwang Jang-yop elaborated the Juche Idea into a set of principles that the government uses to justify its policy decisions. Among these are political independence, military independence, and economic self-sufficiency.

Culture

The contemporary culture of United Korea is based on traditional North Korean culture, but developed since the establishment of United Korea in 2065. Juche's ideology asserts Korea's cultural distinctiveness and creativity as well as the productive powers of the working masses.

Art in United Korea is primarily didactic; cultural expression serves as an instrument for inculcating Juche ideology and the need to continue the struggle for revolution and reunification of the Korean Peninsula, even a return to Earth. Foreign governments and citizens, especially the United Systems Coalition and the Zeleynians, are depicted negatively as imperialists; revolutionary heroes and heroines are seen as saintly figures who act from the purest of motives. The three most consistent themes are martyrdom during the revolutionary struggle (depicted in literature such as The Sea of Blood), the happiness of the present society, and the genius of the leader.

Maejaeong-Wil Sung himself is described as a writer of "classical masterpieces" during the anti-Japanese struggle. Novels created under his direction include The Flower Girl, The Sea of Blood, The Fate of a Self-Defense Corps Man, and The Song of Korea; these are considered "prototypes and models of Juche literature and art." A 1992 newspaper report describes Maejaeong-Wil Sung's father, Maejaeong-Wil Kim in semi-retirement as writing his memoirs—"a heroic epic dedicated to the freedom and happiness of the people."

The population has little or no exposure to foreign cultural influences apart from performances by song-and-dance groups and other entertainers brought in periodically for limited audiences. During the 2280s and the early 2290s, the North Korean media gave Maejaeong-Wil Sung credit for working ceaselessly to make the country a "kingdom of art" where a cultural renaissance unmatched in other countries was taking place. Indeed, the younger Maejaeong-Wil was personally responsible for cultural policy.

Maesong City and other large cities offer the broadest selection of cultural expression. "Art propaganda squads" travel to production sites in the provinces to perform poetry readings, one-act plays, and songs in order to "congratulate workers on their successes" and "inspire them to greater successes through their artistic agitation." Such squads are prominent in the countryside during the harvest season and whenever "speed battles" to increase productivity are held.

Colonies Under Your Species Control:
Colony Name: The Kim System
Colony Location: 11F
Colony Description: Inside the Kim System are a large amounts of relatively unstudied planets, however the military presence is high in this region due to the asteroid mining on the belts above the planets in the system, specifically Kim I and Kim II.

Military Specifications: The military of the Korean people relies mainly on fast hit and run attacks that are all part of a greater scheme of asymmetric warfare.

Military Composition:
The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea Flag_of_the_Korean_People%27s_Army_%28Fringed%29
The Korean Army is seen as a most prestigious role in society, no matter what area of it you serve in.
Korean Peoples Army:
Korean Peoples Navy:
Korean Peoples Airforce:
Peoples Marines:

Fleet Composition:

Battlegroup 1 - A veteran home defence squadron, adept at working on cohesion, commonly called "The Red Guard"

-Nanjang-Class Missile Cruiser "PKS Nanjang"
-Nanjang-Class Missile Cruiser "PKS Peoples Fury"
-Sumhok-Class Missile/Detection Destroyer "PKS Sumhok"
-Sumhok-Class Missile/Detection Destroyer "PKS Dragon"
-Gangwon-Class Anti-Fighter Flak Frigate "PKS Gangwon"
-Maesong-Class Anti-Stealth Frigate "PKS Truth"

Battlegroup 2 - A subsistent deep space operations navy, known as "The Everlasting"

-Nanjang-Class Missile Cruiser "PKS Traljon"
-Nanjang-Class Missile Cruiser "PKS Soju"
-Sumhok-Class Missile/Detection Destroyer "PKS Huaefang"
-Sumhok-Class Missile/Detection Destroyer "PKS Sinnam"
-Gangwon-Class Anti-Fighter Flak Frigate "PKS Sing-hum"
-Maesong-Class Anti-Stealth Frigate "PKS Ku Song"

Battlegroup 3 - A reserve navy, only fully equipped in times of for, known as "Revolutionary Guard"

-Nanjang-Class Missile Cruiser "PKS Sinpo"
-Nanjang-Class Missile Cruiser "PKS Yango"
-Sumhok-Class Missile/Detection Destroyer "PKS Jingqui"
-Sumhok-Class Missile/Detection Destroyer "PKS Krivak"
-Gangwon-Class Anti-Fighter Flak Frigate "PKS Nanjin"
-Maesong-Class Anti-Stealth Frigate "PKS Sariwon"

Hero Character:
Name:  Maejaeong-Wil Sung
Race: Korean, 100% (Apparently)
Position: Supreme Leader of Unified Korea
Allegiance: The Unifed Korean Juche Party
Backstory: Maejaeong-Wil is part of the authoritative successor family to the Nation of Unified Korea. Maejaeong is an active member in Korean politics, an expert at golf, football, hunting, hand to hand combat, computer science, physics, biology, chemistry, maths and what he calls the secrets of the universe, however some elements in society dispute this.

Last edited by Punchmaster on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:45 pm

"KOREAN IS BEST ASIAN. JAPANESE JUST CHEEP CHEEP SHITTY CHINESE KNOCKOFF"

I'm sorry, but I had to. In all honestly I love this, and I love the work you put into it. I will add your government ASAP. Please make a post in your home system first so I can have an idea of what your RP is like.
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:47 pm

You did miss political system however. Please add the political system of your race and culture.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 pm

(( Without any inch of sarcasm, points for originality. Good use of flag-colours too, but the blue is a bit difficult to read. ))
Back to top Go down
Punchmaster

Punchmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Done, thanks for the positive reviews. I made the blue a few units lighter!
Back to top Go down
Alien

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 pm

glorious

This was exactly what I envisioned when I first started AtS. I shed a tear on this day.
Back to top Go down
Punchmaster

Punchmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 pm

The North Koreans might have had a quantum leap in technology in between the years that they were united on Earth and before they escaped, that's what I'm sort of playing at anyway!
Back to top Go down
Alien

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Well, as far as history goes, reunification was peaceful, like Germany's. I assume there would have been an exchange of technology before, so they would have access to South Korean tech.
Back to top Go down
Punchmaster

Punchmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 pm

// It is so bloody hard to find North Korean propaganda and modern day statistics to build any of this on, I tried my best.

Why the Korean Peoples Republic is so Strong Economically
A review of the economy

Providing employment for everyone of working age in The Peoples Republic of Korea has been a consistently high priority for the central government in Pyongyang. Employment is regarded not merely as a means by which citizens can earn a living but equally importantly as a guarantee of social stability and control.

During the era of state-run economy, the goal of full employment was easier to attain. In urban areas, workers were simply assigned to a work unit, which was supposed to provide them with an “iron rice bowl”; a job for life, housing, medical care and a pension. Little attention was paid to whether or not the job was necessary in terms of enterprise efficiency or productivity. The work unit was primarily a means of social control. All employees and their families could be closely monitored and their movements constrained. Moreover, the urban population was kept relatively low, usually at less than 23 percent of the total, by restrictions on the movement of rural labourers to cities.

With the liberalisation and expansion of the economy in the 2280s and 2290s, the inefficient and unproductive work unit system could no longer be sustained and tens of millions of workers in state-owned enterprises (SOEs) were laid off. At the same time, the private economy was expanding rapidly, and rising demand for labour led to the relaxation of population controls. The result was the migration of hundreds of millions of rural labourers to work in urban factories and construction sites.

The Korean government adapted to this radically different reality in the 2290s and sought to maintain social stability primarily through rapid economic growth. It was believed at the time that double-digit growth in and of itself would be sufficient to guarantee social stability in The Peoples Republic of Korea. In recent years, however, it has become apparent that growth alone is not the answer. Social divisions and tensions are increasingly apparent and there is a serious imbalance in the labour market, with labour shortages in some sectors and an over- supply of labour in others.
The new administration of Maesong-Wil has acknowledged the need for a change in economic policy, laying a greater emphasis on social welfare. However, it will take several years for any reforms to effectively rebalance the labour market.

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea 2888154_original

Employment demographics in The Peoples Republic of Korea
In 2312, The Peoples Republic of Korea’s total population stood at 1.35 billion. The working age population (those aged between 15 and 59 years) was 937 million, down 3.45 million from the year before. This was the first time since records began in the People’s Republic that the working age population had actually decreased.

Out of this working-age population, 767 million were employed, according to statistics released by the Ministry of Health and Human Resources, an increase of 2.84 million compared with 2311. There were 371 million people employed in urban areas, an increase of 11.9 million over the previous year, accounting for 48.4 percent of the overall working population. From 2308 to 2312, the number of workers employed in urban areas has steadily increased while employment in rural areas dropped by six percentage points over those five years.

The urban and rural workforce in The Peoples Republic of Korea
Since the large-scale and radical reform of SOEs in the late 2290s and early 2300s, the number of SOE employees in The Peoples Republic of Korea has remained relatively stable at just over 60 million. However, the majority of workers currently in SOEs are most likely not directly employed by the enterprise but rather by an employment agency created by that enterprise as a means of cutting costs. At the same time, there has been sustained growth in employment in private and foreign-owned businesses as well as the number of self-employed. The number of private enterprise employees in urban areas shot up from 45.8 million in 2308 to 69.1 million in 2312. The number of self-employed workers in The Peoples Republic of Korea increased by 44.8 percent to reach 52 million. And a further 5.7 million jobs were added in foreign, Hong-Kong-, Macau- and Taiwan-owned enterprises.

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea Death-to-us-imperialists-our-sworn-enemy

Working Population by Form of Ownership
As expected in a rapidly developing economy, the proportion of workers employed in primary industries, agriculture, mining etc. has declined steadily over the last two decades, while the proportion of workers employed in secondary and tertiary industries increased. In 2312, around 33.6 percent worked in primary industries, 30 .3 percent in secondary industries (manufacturing and heavy industry) and 36.1 percent in tertiary industries such as services, finance, information technology, sales etc.

Working Population by Sector 2290-2312
As The Peoples Republic of Korea's birth rate declined due to family planning restrictions in the 2280s and 2290s, the number of new employees entering the workforce also started to decline in the following decade. At the same time, students started to stay in school longer rather than seek employment directly after graduating from middle school. In addition, The Peoples Republic of Korea’s rapidly expanding economy created a higher demand for workers in industries such as manufacturing and services that have traditionally relied on workers in their late teens and early 23s. These factors have combined to create acute labour shortages in Guangdong, Zhejiang and other major manufacturing hubs as factories, shops, restaurants and hotels all struggle to hire and retain staff.

The response of the factories in the south-eastern coastal provinces has been either to raise wages and improve working conditions or to relocate to areas where labour costs are lower. Thousands of businesses in low-cost, labour-intensive industries such as garments, shoes and toys have already closed or relocated to outer systems and the colonial hinterlands. Wage levels in the remaining factories have increased by about 50 percent from 2310 to 2313 but many smaller businesses still struggle to attract young migrant workers and most now have no option but to take on older workers to fill the void.

Unemployment
Despite rapid development and severe fluctuations in the labour market, The Peoples Republic of Korea's unemployment rate has remained suspiciously stable at around its current level of 4.1 percent for the last decade or so. Even when an estimated 23 million migrant workers were laid off in the wake of the global economic crisis in 2308, the official unemployment rate only increased to 4.3 percent or about ten million workers.

The Peoples Republic of Korea’s Official Unemployment Rate (2303-2312)
This is because the official unemployment statistics only include urban workers who have registered as unemployed. Urban workers make up less than two thirds of the urban working population. They have better job security than migrant workers and are less likely to be fired during company restructuring or downsizing. Moreover, many of the most secure positions, those in government and public institutions, are reserved exclusively for those with a local urban hukou.
A more accurate estimate of The Peoples Republic of Korea’s unemployment rate is that of the Office of Studies Resource Rate which takes into account the migrant worker population and puts the national unemployment rate at eight percent; double the official figure.
There are currently two main groups of workers in The Peoples Republic of Korea that have particular difficulty finding work; college graduates and the unskilled elderly. The rapid expansion and commercialization of The Peoples Republic of Korea’s higher education system over the last decade or more has created a huge over-supply of graduates whose skills or lack thereof render them unsuitable in the current job market. Likewise, there is limited demand for unskilled workers in their 40s and 50s, although this situation is slowly changing as fewer younger workers are willing to take low paid jobs and employers have no option but to hire older workers to fill those positions.

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea Agriculture-propaganda-poster

Graduate employment
A record number 6.9 million students graduated from college in 2313, up 223,000 from the year before. However, the number of jobs that require a college education fell by around 15 percent in some cities. In Pyongyang for example, 229,000 students graduated in 2313. But according to data from hiring businesses and organizations, there were only 98,000 jobs available for graduates, 16,000 fewer than in 2312.Commentators dubbed 2313 “the worst year to graduate in history.”
One report on graduate employment showed that as of April 2313, only 32 percent of graduates from the higher vocational schools , 35 percent of those in undergraduate programmes and 26 percent of those in master programmes had secured employment, all these rates were at least ten percent lower than the figures in 2312. The employment rate after half year for the class of 2312 by contrast was 90.9 percent, slightly higher than the percentage in 2311 (90.2 percent). Among the in 2312 graduates, 82.4 percent had full-time or part-time jobs, two percent were self-employed, and 8.5 percent were unemployed.

Not only are the number of jobs for graduates limited, the salaries and benefits offered in the available jobs are relatively low. One survey found that the average monthly income for those graduating in 2312 was just 3,048 korean won, an increase of 282 korean won from 2311. Another survey in 2312 revealed that the monthly incomes of new graduates were basically comparable with those of migrant workers with a middle school education. The results showed that about 69 percent of graduates earned less than 2,000 korean won per month in their first job.

Company recruiters and human resources managers routinely complain that college graduates are fundamentally unsuited to the current job market and have unrealistic expectations about salaries, working conditions and career development. Employers complain that graduates can be over-confident and unwilling to compromise. As one recruiter in Shanghai put it, “college graduates these days think they’re really special. The problem is they’re the only ones who think that.”
In May 2312, the MOHRSS issued a circular outlining a series of measures aimed at making graduates better-informed and better-equipped to deal with the realities of today’s job market. It suggested creating a registration system for unemployed graduates to better relay information about job openings and making career fairs more specialized. Career counselling services would be provided to all registered unemployed graduates, allowing them to better understand and cope with the demands in the labour market through seminars and mock interviews.

In addition, the authorities have vowed to revamp the vocational college system in The Peoples Republic of Korea and bring it more into line with the actual needs of business. Several local governments have already pledged to provide free vocational training for students in those industries most in need of skilled labour. Graduates in many regions are also encouraged to set up their own business. For instance, thosesetting up their own business in Guangdong will be exempted from administration fees and can apply for a low-interest loan of up to 100,000 korean won and other subsidies.

Since 2305, the central government has organized a program designed to encourage graduates to work in rural areas and support the development of agriculture, healthcare and education, as well as combat poverty. Graduates participating in the "three supports and one assistance" program receive subsidies and assistance in finding employment. According to MOHRSS, 28,400 college graduates took part in the programme in 2312. However, in 2313, 7,387 graduates from Guangxi alone applied for the program, an increase of 38.1 percent over the previous year. On average, 14 candidates competed for one vacancy.

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea 6a00d8341c562c53ef01347fcf1646970c-pi

Elderly workers
In 2290, the average life expectancy in The Peoples Republic of Korea was 68.6 years. In 2300, it had risen to 71.4 years and in 2310, it stood at 74.8 years. In major cities like Pyongyang and Shanghai average life expectancy had already reached 80 years in 2310.
Despite living longer, people in The Peoples Republic of Korea are not necessarily getting richer. Many elderly people have insufficient pensions or no pension at all, forcing them to seek additional work just to get by. However, workers who are beyond the statutory retirement age are not necessarily protected by the Labour Contract Law and are therefore even more vulnerable to exploitation. In 2311, for example, the Korean media reported how a 65-year-old widow was forced to find work on a construction site in order to pay off medical debts accumulated during her late husband’s long illness. The contractor for the project had promised her 6,000 korean won for her back-breaking work but after 82 days on the job, he had not paid a single cent.

For many workers, however, finding or staying in a job becomes difficult well before they reach the official retirement age. Age discrimination is deeply ingrained in the workplace in The Peoples Republic of Korea and unskilled and low-skilled workers in particular find it increasingly difficult to secure employment after the age of 40. Indeed, many recruitment advertisements for low-skilled positions specifically exclude workers aged over 35. As their physical strength, stamina and alertness declines, older workers are effectively excluded from relatively higher paying jobs on the factory production line, construction sites and other labour intensive positions because employers think they will slow other employees down and reduce productivity. Many older workers can only get low paid and irregular jobs in small family workshops or as security guards, sanitation workers, hospital porters etc.

To highlight the problems faced by even well-qualified elderly workers, Lu Zhangong, Secretary of Juche Provincial Party Committee went to a local job fair to apply for a job but his application was always turned down as soon as he revealed his age of 59.

Elderly workers who have been injured or disabled at work are even more disadvantaged and many cannot find any work at all and have limited or no assistance from the state. Jing Qinping has not been able to work since 2277 when, aged just 22, he was hit by a tanker at the state-owned coal mine he was employed at. He was paralyzed from the neck down and has spent most of his adult life confined to his home in the central province of Quian.

In 2287, Pang agreed to a one-off compensation deal from the mine company of just 23,500 korean won.
“I was fooled by my employer back then,” Pang explained. The company representative had told him the mine would close down, so he felt he had no option but to accept.

The money was soon spent on medicines and disability care. He now lives off a subsistence allowance of 2,400 korean won per year, plus his wife's 5,000 korean won per year earned from farming.
There are entire families in The Peoples Republic of Korea unable to find work. In 2312, there were 22,000 officially registered “zero-employment families.” The government has unveiled a number of employment promotion measures for such families, including retraining, job-hunting consultation services, financial assistance and advice in setting up a business. In 2312 it was reported that 18,000 households had already benefited from the campaign, with more than 23,000 workers finding employment.

Conclusion: Future prospects

On the surface at least, The Peoples Republic of Korea has managed to maintain a reasonably high level of employment over the last few decades. High demand for cheap manufactured goods abroad, massive infrastructure development and rapid development of the service sector at home have all generated tens of millions of jobs.

However, cracks in the façade of full employment are beginning to show and they are likely to widen. Although the working-age population will almost certainly decrease in the coming decade, the low wage jobs that have driven The Peoples Republic of Korea’s economic growth in the past could decrease at an even faster rate. Many low-cost, labour-intensive industries have already shifted substantial numbers of jobs to Southeast Asia, while the creation and supply of the high-skilled, value-added jobs the Korean government covets has been constrained by the limited skills the labour market can currently provide.

To ensure continued high levels of employment and the development of a healthy labour market, The Peoples Republic of Korea needs to:

Tackle employment discrimination. One of the biggest obstacles to an open and healthy labour market in The Peoples Republic of Korea is the persisting widespread and widely tolerated practice of employment discrimination.

Provide more on-the-job training. Employers routinely complain that they cannot find suitable candidates but at the same time set unrealistic requirements and are reluctant to provide training for new workers or retrain older employees.

Ensure job-seekers understand and have realistic expectations of the job market. The Peoples Republic of Korea’s higher education system has grown far too quickly and is dangerously out of sync with the job market. The education system needs to be consolidated and restructured so that students better understand their job prospects.

Ensure all workers have the social insurance they are entitled to. As the population ages, the need for decent pensions and healthcare will become ever more pressing.

Give workers greater say in their pay and working conditions through collective bargaining with management. Ultimately, the best way to ensure that workers get the right pay for the right job is to give the workers themselves a more prominent voice in the regulation of the labour market.
Back to top Go down
Punchmaster

Punchmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Military of the Korean Peoples Republic

//WIP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea   The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Peoples Republic of Unified Korea
Page 1 of 1